RMU5 Remote Monitoring Unit
The RMU5 is a scalable remote monitoring and control device, designed specifically for cathodic protection applications. It is the next generation platform of monitoring and control units within the corTalk® product line, replacing the SMC4 devices. A small physical size and wide operating temperature range make the RMU5 ideally suited for installation within field rectifiers. A modular design with a large variety of optional add-on modules allows base RMU5 units to be tailored to meet customers’ specific requirements. Measurement data and interruption control are remotely available through an intuitive web interface called corView.
- NEMA 4X, IEC529 Type IP65 enclosure for harsh environments
- Operation in -40 to +80°C (-40 to +176°F) ambient temperatures
- Multi-stage surge protection and galvanic isolation provide maximum lightning immunity
- 24VAC/DC main power input, used with external Class 2 power transformer or external DC supply
- Integral battery backup (up to 8 hours of power)
- Modular design with a wide variety of options